Thursday, September 23, 2010

Healthy Snack of the Week

Today's post is short and sweet, and focuses on one of my favorite times to eat. Snack time! I will graze throughout the day sometimes, and usually eat something before bed or else I will lay there with a gnawing stomach. I know this isn't the healthiest practice - eating at night, but don't foresee myself giving it up anytime soon. So, I try to motivate myself to eat healthy snacks. If there is no motivation, please pass on over that bag of chips, or some cookies. Or if there is not anything to instantly gratify my snacking rampage, that bag of chocolate chips.

One of my old favorites is this light lemon pudding. Monday night I motivated myself to pull out the blender and whip up this quick satisfying snack. All that is needed is a banana, half of an avocado, and some lemon juice. Easy!

Here is the recipe.

Light lemon pudding

1 banana, roughly chopped (or 1 and 1/2 depending on how small your bananas are)
1/2 avocado, peeled and roughly chopped
juice of half a lemon
1/2 banana, sliced for garnish
1 Tbs or more unsweetened shredded coconut (optional for garnish)

Toss the banana, avocado, and lemon juice into a blender and blend until smooth adding water as necessary to help the blending process ( just be careful not to add to much water, therefore making it to runny). Pour into a bowl and top with banana slices and coconut. Enjoy!

variation: Use lime juice instead of lemon for a key lime like flavor.



2 comments: