Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm Salivating

Hello all. It's me again, with no recipes to share, no pictures of the cookies, cookie bars, and bread that I have been baking, and no delicious cooking to show off. Oh well, I do have this nice round belly.


Really this is the only "cooking" I have to be proud of as of late. Dinner around here has been the usual fair - pastas, salads, sandwiches, and Matt's sweet potato saute. Instead of cooking, my favorite things to do lately are bake, organize and get rid of stuff, then eat said baked goods. Here are two recipe's that I have been making. The first for some delicious homemade bread that I made into rolls and also a loaf. Second, is these super easy chocolate chip cookie bars. I usually half this recipe and have been using coconut extract instead of vanilla, as well as coconut oil in lieu of margarine. This recipe has become a favorite because I can just press the batter into a pan and bake instead of plopping individual cookies on a baking sheet, therefore getting the cookie fix that much faster.

If I do get the urge to be adventurous in the kitchen again, here are a few recipes that I would love to try.


Deep Dish Cookie Pie from Chocolate Covered Katie

Raw Cacao Kale Crunch from YumUniverse

Any of these chocolate recipes from this post

(notice a theme - mmm chocolate!)

Focaccia from Veggie num num


Fattoush Salad with Za'atar from My New Roots



Noodle Salad with Peanut Mmm Sauce from Peas and Thank You

Zucchini Sticks from VeganWiz

And because I really can't resist dreaming about desserts



Also one to veganize

Push Pops from One Charming Party


I'm sure I wont post again for a bit, but hopefully you still enjoy these sporadic postings. Have a happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment