Monday, November 7, 2011

5 years

5 years ago, Matt and I got married. Not on this date though, as our anniversary was on Friday. This year we didn't go all out on our celebration, but instead had an enjoyable meal at home. We feasted on Coconut Curry Butternut Squash soup in bread bowls from Panera Bread, and later that evening enjoyed some pumpkin pudding and shortbread cookies.



The soup was made from butternut squash and onions, coated in spices and roasted. Then I blended it up with coconut milk and let it simmer on the stove with some vegetable broth. So tasty and so good with that sourdough bread.



Here is a belly picture from Friday. I was 37 weeks, now I am at 38 weeks. Can't believe that I only have a few weeks left until baby day or whenever she decides to make her appearance. Matt and I's next year together is going to definitely be an adventure learning how to be parents.

3 comments:

  1. I never said happy anniversary!!!!! SO happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coconut milk in soups - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary! love the belly shot. hope you enjoyed the shortbread cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete