Monday, September 5, 2011

Cheezy Garlic Bread and some Link Love

Last week I had some dill from our CSA that was sitting around in my refrigerator for way to long. In an effort to not let it go bad, I sought after a yeasted dill bread recipe but came up with only those involving items that I did not have at my disposal. So I turned to a basic French bread recipe and Just mixed the fresh dill into the dough. Delicious. Note that you can make the recipe vegan by rubbing olive oil over the bread instead of egg whites before putting it in the oven. I sprinkled on a little salt before baking as well.

The first night we ate one loaf with roasted butternut squash and green beans. I started reminiscing about cheesy garlic bread which I have not touched in years. Not even a vegan version. So the next night came and on the table with our pasta was this amazing garlic bread.


Cheezy Garlic Bread

1 loaf of dill french bread or just french bread
Earth Balance Buttery Spread or margarine
Garlic powder
Daiya Mozzarella style vegan cheese

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Slice the bread in half through the middle.
Spread on the earth balance to your liking. Season with garlic powder to your liking.
Sprinkle on Daiya Cheese as desired. Bake in the oven until the bread is a bit
crispy and the cheese has become melty. Enjoy!



If you are looking for a meal of pasta and garlic bread that is a little less carb heavy, use zucchini noodles. Take a zucchini and make "pasta" strips using a vegetable peeler. You can peel off the skin or leave it on depending on what you like. Top with heated tomato sauce.



Now for some amazing food from other blogs.

Banana Brownies from The Mommy Bowl (these are nut, grain, and sugar free)

Coffee Spiked Chocolate Carmel Bars from Satisfy My Sweet Tooth (I must veganize this
recipe soon!)



Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispy Bars from Happy Healthy Life

And some Non-desserts


Stuffed Mushroom Phyllo Roll from Oh She Glows (the kale salad looks awesome too)

Indian Inspired Aloo Gobi Wraps from Choosing Raw


Are there any recipes you have been drooling over lately? Please share!






1 comment:

  1. I love mixing fresh herbs into my bread recipes - they add such a great new kick of flavor! I haven't tried dill yet - but you've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete