Friday, September 30, 2011

Kitchen Happenings

I haven't been up to much recipe creating lately, but I have been up to a lot of eating. Here are a few things that have been made in my kitchen over the last month.

First apple pie of the season.




A lovely fall dinner to cheer a bad day.


Bananas and pumpkin pie spice on my oatmeal.


"Cheezy" Chard on toast from the cookbook Vegan Yum Yum.


I also have been obsessed with a chocolate chip cookie. So much so that I made them twice this week. They are quick and easy and made with items you most likely have in your cabinet and if not could be easily substituted. Maple syrup and molasses add such a richness to this cookie, so they are perfect for dunking in coffee or hot chocolate on a cool day. So when you are in need of an amazing vegan cookie, look no further. Added bonus, they are such a soft cookie and stay soft after cooling - yum!

Here is the link. Note: the only thing I changed about this recipe is to add about a tablespoon of rice milk to the batter after you have mixed it all up. I found that there wasn't enough liquid in the recipe for my batter to not be crumbly. Only add a splash though, it just needs a little bit. The recipe on the link does address this issue and she suggests more maple syrup, but rice milk works beautifully as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment