Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm Salivating


This week has been a simple one as far as meals go, and unfortunately has resulted in a couple frozen Amy's dinners. I guess you will have that sometimes, and it isn't that bad for you compared to other frozen food (that's what I tell myself). Regardless I have been compensating with green smoothies and fresh salads, as well as that healthy millet and amaranth porridge seen above.

One salad that I have been going crazy over is this Tahini Avocado Chickpea Salad from
Oh She Glows. I tell you, give this girl an avocado and she creates amazing things.
I made this salad twice this week. I just love the dressing. Sadly I am out of avocados now and my mixed greens. One thing I did add to the recipe was the smoked paprika chickpeas.
All you do is heat up some olive oil in a sauce pan, add some chickpeas (in the amount that you wish), sprinkle in some salt, dust with smoked paprika, and saute until the chickpeas are hot and sizzling. The paprika really melded well with the other flavors in the salad.


Since there hasn't been much recipe creating on my end, here are some links to some really tasty looking dishes. There are a few gluten free recipes as well, so check those out if you are interested.

1. Vegan Lemon Curd on Lemon Poppyseed Muffins from Healthy Happy Life.

2. Spicy Cilantro Crackers from Manifest Vegan (gluten-free recipe).

3. Sunbutter Chocolate bars with Stevia from Sketch-free Vegan Eating.

4. Cocoa Crunch and Cinnamon Toast Crunch from Edible Perspective and
Peas and Thank You. These are both gluten free cereals. Yum! I'm hoping
to get to one of these tomorrow or Friday.

5. Chili Cheesecake in the Raw from A Dash of Compassion. Wow! Can't wait to
tackle this recipe.


Hopefully I will have some recipes up for you soon. I have a couple ideas that
I am excited to try.

Happy end of the week to all.



2 comments:

  1. Thinking I'll have to try that Cinnamon Toast Crunch sometime. I don't think Evan is ready to actually eat cereal with (rice)milk on it, but he likes to eat dry cereal (chex or puffed brown rice) now.
    Also, I have to say a HUGE thank you for bringing Oh She Glows to my attention. I tried the 15 Min. Creamy Avocado Pasta the other night (with my modifications for Evan) and WOW. Evan wouldn't eat it, but I am hoping next time... Dan and I loved it. SO quick. So yummy. I was browsing her website just now and found some vegan doughnuts that I think I want to try. They have pans on amazon for less than $10 and I'm kind of a perfectionist, so I think I'll wait til I get a pan, but definitely another recipe to add to my list... http://ohsheglows.com/2009/05/19/baked-doughnuts-that-will-change-your-world/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like her blog. I just love her recipes! Baking doughnuts is a lot of fun. I received a doughnut pan last year for my birthday and I really love it.

    ReplyDelete