Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

Yesterday afternoon my kitchen was busy and I was a frazzled mess. Don't worry, I cleaned up in time. To make Valentines Day special, I whipped up a Mediterranean inspired dinner. As a result of my efforts, I ran out of time, made a big mess, had a stressed phone conversation with Matt, and had to skip one dish that was planned. No fear, it always works out in the end. Matt gave me a little extra time and I was even gussied up when he walked in the door.

Here are some kitchen happenings of the afternoon.

Three pots bubbling and spelt pizza crust rising thanks to all that warmth.




Many a clove of garlic was chopped. We've been married long enough to not worry about garlic breath. Actually, dating didn't even curb my love of garlic.


Almost ready!




This is what we ate.

Crostini with three spreads. Greek Garlic and Potato Dip, Lentil, and Sun-dried tomato and Spinach Bruschetta.


The Garlic and Potato Dip won the prize. So tangy and garlicky.


Salad Pizza. Spinach tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper, served on top of a mini pizza crust. It was delicious, especially with the addition of more Garlic and Potato dip.


Grilled Polenta with Triple-Pepper Sauce.


To finish, Chocolate Chip Biscotti and coffee.



Matt spoiled me with calla lilies and chocolate.


I got him a copy of Android Karenina.


Hope you all had a special Valentines Day!

All recipes can be found in the book, Vegetarian Times Cooks Mediterranean.

No comments:

Post a Comment