Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Comfort Food

This post depicts comfort food at it's finest. Meaning this is the epitome of comfort food for me at this time. Sure I will move onto another dish in the near future, but for now this one has me in a tight hold. Warm, gooey, and delicious!

Gather the fixings for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Organic peanut butter, organic raspberry jam, Sami's Millet and Flax Bread, and some soy free Earth Balance. I prefer to use natural peanut butter with no added sugar as well as all fruit jams, but this is what we had in the house. You could also use any nut or seed butter in place of the peanut butter.


Heat up a George Foreman grill, or a frying pan. Assemble your PB & J to your liking, then spread on some Earth Balance on each side of the sandwich (or do this before spreading on the peanut butter and jelly). Grill to perfection.

Try adding some banana slices to the mix before grilling. I was a bit skeptical about the combination of jelly and banana, but it was very tasty.


It really is a dish that could work for any meal. Eating this sandwich takes me back to the days when my sister would eat grilled PB & J instead of grilled cheese. Also makes me wonder why I always opted for grilled cheese.


Pair with a green smoothie so you can feel a little bit healthier about consuming this as a meal.

Happy Tuesday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment