Sunday, November 7, 2010

Baby Shower

Baby shower day arrived and was pretty much a success. Not without minor mishaps of course, but regardless it went well. The major stress point for me was that we were still getting things set up when the guests arrived, but I didn't have much time for set up and had to figure some things out with the church kitchen supplies etc. But all in all it was a good time.

Now on to the apple cup pies. I was going to attempt pie pops, but this was a much better choice for the event. If you want to make your own cup pies, just mix up a batch of your favorite pie crust (I used a recipe that used earth balance, flour, salt, and water). Chill the dough for a bit, roll out into small circles, and press them into lined cupcake pans.


Fill with your pie filling of choice. For my apple pies, I precooked the apples in a saucepan for a bit before filling the cup pies. This way everything would cook through as with the smaller crust, less baking time is required. Top the filling off with a crumble topping and bake for about 1/2 an hour. Let cool and enjoy. I was really impressed with how these turned out and will make them again.

Now onto the shower. Here is the lovely cake my friend made for the occasion. I love the deer - so sweet.

I made my favorite sandwich, and wrapped them up in parchment so they wouldn't disassemble. It worked out really well and looked really cute. Note the baked cup pie. I didn't remember to take an after baking picture, so here it is.


Here are some assorted other pictures.



Now I can relax as my party planning is done for now. This week Matt and I want to lay low and make a point to not be busy. Sounds lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment