Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day off!

Today was a day off. An unexpected day off as a co-worker offered to take my shift for me today. It definitely was a blessing as it allowed Matt and I a day off together which we have not had in a while. We slept in, caught up on some House episodes, and did some Christmas shopping.

I wasn't feeling the best, and was pretty hungry, so when we got home I made some quick miso soup. With the added flavor of the vegetable broth, it was one of the best miso soups I have made. This is what I did.

Miso Soup - serves 2-3

1/2 cup chopped onion
2 med. size carrots, chopped
4-5 mushrooms, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
4 - 5 cups water ( I used a medium sized saucepan)
1 vegetable bouillon cube
1/4 cup red miso, more if needed

Simmer vegetables in the saucepan with some water. When onion is translucent add the water and bouillon cube. Bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and stir in the miso. Taste and add more miso if you desire. Serve.


I love miso soup when I am not feeling well. It is nice and soothing. For a quick pick me up drink when you have a cold, I would suggest dropping a tablespoon of miso paste in a mug of boiled water, stir to dissolve, and sip like tea.

After dinner I got inspired to put up my Christmas decorations. Some lights, our charlie brown tree and some other little holiday touches. Tomorrow I have to clean up the house for company, so I'll take pictures to post.

Hope you all had a restful Sunday. How did you spend your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment