Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cookbook Inspiration

I was doing so well with Vegan MoFo, and then missed a day. Sorry everyone. The whole mouse fiasco has left me with a lack of desire to be in the kitchen. Hopefully that will be remedied soon. I've been flipping thru The Urban Vegan, and am salivating over a number of recipes. So I think I will be doing a cookbook series shortly, starting with this gem. Here are some of the recipes I am excited to try.

Grilled Cheese and Bananas
Havana Beans and Rice and Pan-Fried Plantains
Chocolate -Chipotle Chili
Marsala Mushroom Crepes
Chocolate-Pumpkin Bread Pudding

Can't wait! I have this bad little habit of checking out way to many cookbooks at the library and not getting to really use them, so I am going to plan for some of these recipes. It will give me a bit of practice on that whole meal planning thing that I have been wanting to give a whirl. My mother created extensive meal plans every week before she did the grocery shopping. I did not quite gain that commitment to organization, but a bit of planning wouldn't hurt.

Tomorrow I will post for you a recipe created by Matt. It's a good one!

P.S. The author of The Urban Vegan also has a blog. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment