Saturday, November 20, 2010

Vegan Mofo survey

Since I don't have any food to post, I decided to fall back on a survey created by the Post Punk Kitchen that has been floating around lately. Enjoy!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!


What's your favorite spice or spice blend?
Cardamom. There is a coffee shop in Wisconsin that we go to when we visit Matt's parents that makes these delicious cardamom lattes. So good.

You have $20 to spend on fresh groceries and produce for the whole week (with a fairly well stocked pantry of dry goods, legumes, grains, and spices). What do you buy?
bananas, apples, kale, sweet potatoes, avocados, spinach, onions, garlic

What's your favorite way to make tofu?
I do not use tofu much, but I used to love to make a chocolate pie with silken tofu as the base.

Vegan guilty pleasure?
Ricemellow Creme. I use it in desserts and to top hot chocolate. I've got to try s'mores with it sometime.

If you could make anyone vegan, who would it be?
Matt (He eats mainly vegan, but I would love a commrade :) )

If you could only read one other vegan blog, what would it be?
So hard to choose as there are so many good ones. I would say Peas and Thank You. I love her posts and her recipes.
Were you always interested in cooking, or did veganism change the way you saw and interacted with food?
I never really cooked until after I became vegan and grew to really love it. I love seeing people enjoy the food I make it, and love trying new things.

Excluding analogues, what new things have you tried that you probably wouldn't have as an omni?
Seaweed Salad

What is the one vegan staple that everyone seems to love, but you can't get behind?
Mock meats (although I do enjoy them on a rare occasion, I just can't get on the band wagon).

What was your first "wow, I'm such a stereotypical vegan" moment?
Running away from the meat aisles in the grocery store.

First recipe you veganized?
Probably a baked good of some sort.

What would you like to veganize, but haven't yet?
French Macaroons (I've never had one, but they are just so pretty).

Favorite kitchen utensil/appliance?
Blender and Dehydrator

Most disastrous kitchen failure?
Stupidly pouring water into a hot pan and shattering it all over the stove and floor.

First vegan cookbook?
Sinfully Vegan. Such delicious cakes!

What question about being vegan do you HATE answering?
What do you eat?

If you could tell the world one thing about vegans, what would it be?
We are not out to get you, relax :).

Funniest vegetable?
Some of the vegetables I have picked up at the farmers markets and at my csa are pretty funny, like carrots with 2 stalks or sweet potatoes that look like an intestine as it is curled around itself a couple times.

What is a family recipe you have veganized?
A traditional holiday treat from Matt's side of the family.

Weirdest food combination ?
I don't cosider it weird anymore, but people usually think my banana spinach smoothies sound awful. Don't knock it until you've tried it!

Is there something you wish you could veganize, but can't/couldn't?
Pavlova

Favorite ways to prepare tofu, seitan, tempeh, any other vegan proteins?
I haven't made this in forever, but I used to really love making tempeh taco filling.

Are your pets vegan? if so, what do you feed them?
No pets

Favorite non-dairy milk?
Almond

What’s one “vegan myth” you’d like to squash?
That vegan baked goods must taste weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment